Thanks for your interest in ordering/downloading
poison prevention education materials.
The IPC's Poison Prevention Education Resource Center (PPERC) has a variety of educational materials and presentation tools (most are free!) for download and/or order. Before accessing the resource center, please complete the FREE online Poison Prevention Education Course. If you've already completed the course, click here!
The online Poison Prevention Education Course consists of 7 quick, easy lessons and corresponding quizzes. Each lesson/quiz takes about 3-5 minutes each to complete. You can complete the course at your convenience; log off after you complete one lesson/quiz and return as many times as you like to complete the rest or... complete all the lessons/quizzes in one sitting! The course is formatted for smart phones and tablets as well!
Why take the online Poison Prevention Education Course?
- Access to a variety of educational materials and presentation tools as well as IL Poison Prevention Month (IPPM) materials and prizes!
- Learn more about poison prevention
- Learn about the vast scope of cases/issues the U.S. Poison Centers deal with day in and day out
- Learn how to educate others about poison prevention
- Learn how/why/when/who can use the IPC confidential, free 24/7/365 expert helpline: 1.800.222.1222
- FREE Continuing education credit (CEC)
Who Can Take the IPC’s online Poison Prevention Education Course?
Anyone 13 years or older living and/or working in Illinois is welcome to complete the course and utilize the online Poison Prevention Education Resource Center.
If you do not live/work in Illinois, please contact your local poison center for available trainings and resources.
What does the course cover?
- Facts About U.S. Poison Centers
- Facts about Poisons
- Potential Poisons
- Who is at Risk of Poisoning
- How to Prevention Poisonings
- What to do in Case of a Poisoning
- How to Share Poison Prevention Information
What are the benefits?
- After completing the online course you’ll receive a “Certificate of Completion” that you can present to your work or other association for continuing education credits (dependent on the organizations rules).
- After completing the entire course, you’ll have immediate access to the online Poison Prevention Education Resource Center for all your future outreach/education events or activities. Download and/or order a variety of educational materials and presentation tools any time you want them (most are free!): stickers, magnets, posters, handouts, children’s activity sheets, tool kits, PowerPoint presentations, etc.
Get started! www.illinoisPoisonCenter.org/outreach