Click here if you've already completed the IPC's Poison Prevention Education course and want to log in to order/download education and/or presentation materials.
If you haven't yet completed the IPC’s online Poison Prevention Education Course and are interested in doing so, please read on! The course is available in both English and Spanish, consists of seven quick, easy lessons and corresponding quizzes (scaled for mobile devices: smart phones, tablets, iPads). Each lesson/quiz takes about 3-5 minutes each to complete (takes less time when you use a mobile device). You can complete the course at your convenience; log off after you complete one lesson/quiz and return as many times as you like to complete the rest or complete all the lessons/quizzes in one sitting!
Why take the online Poison Prevention Education Course?
- Access to IL Poison Prevention Month (IPPM) promotion items (limited supplies available)!
- Learn more about poison prevention
- Learn about the vast scope of cases and issues the U.S. Poison Centers handle
- Learn how to educate others about poison prevention
- Earn continuing education credit (CEC/CEU)
- Receive seasonal e-bulletin with tips, tools and bits of helpful information
Who Can Take the IPC’s online Poison Prevention Education Course?
Anyone age 13 or older, living and/or working in Illinois is welcome to complete the course and utilize the online Poison Prevention Education Resource Center.
If you do not live/work in Illinois, please contact your local poison center for available trainings and resources.
What does the course cover?
- Facts About U.S. Poison Centers
- Facts about Poisons
- Potential Poisons
- Who is at Risk of Poisoning
- How to Prevent Poisonings
- What to do in Case of a Poisoning
- How to Share Poison Prevention Information
What are the benefits?
After completing the online course, you will receive:
A Certificate of Completion you can present to your work or other association for continuing education credit (dependent on the organizations rules).
Immediate access to the online Poison Prevention Education Resource Center for all your future outreach/education events or activities. Download and/or order educational materials and presentation tools any time you want them (most are free): stickers, magnets, posters, handouts, children’s activity sheets, tool kits, presentation materials, etc.